Best Car Cover for Extreme Sun: What to Look For?
It is interesting to note that while 82% of owned homes and condos in the U.S. have a carport or a garage (some even have a 2-car garage or larger), only 15% of homeowners use them for the intended purpose. The reason behind this is simple. Many American families find it impossible to park their cars in their garage because they use the space for storing their household clutter, leaving their beloved rides exposed to the elements.
Does this describe your current situation? If it does, consider investing in the best car cover for extreme sun protection or you’ll increase the risk of damaging your car’s paintwork, dashboard, or seat upholstery.
Best Car Cover for Sun and Heat Protection: How to Pick the Right One for Your Car
It may sound like a cliché, but not all UV protection car covers are created equal. While some deliver on their promise, some fail to hit the mark. Is there anything you can do to make sure you’ll get one that provides the protection your car needs? Yes, there is: Here are some tips to make sure you get the best value for your money when buying a UV protection car cover.
Look for a weatherproof car cover. If you’re on the lookout for a car cover that adequately protects your car against damaging UV rays and the scorching heat of the sun, choose one with at least three layers of material. Ideally, it should have a thick, durable outermost layer that effectively blocks UV rays and keeps water out, a middle layer that provides ample protection against dents and dings, and a soft, innermost layer that adds an extra layer of protection to keep your car’s exterior finish scratch-free.
Choose one that allows your car to “breathe”. The importance of using a breathable cover cannot be ignored. While you certainly want a cover that protects your paintwork from the damaging rays of the sun, you don’t want to trap heat below the cover, since the resulting moisture promotes mold and mildew growth and accelerates corrosion.
Consider the fit. Choose a cover that provides a snug fit. Remember: it shouldn’t be too small nor too big. Using a cover that is too tight can be difficult to install and remove, while using one that is too big for your car can be particularly damaging, especially during windy days, since the loose fabric can whip against the exterior finish and ruin it over time. Moreover, ill-fitting covers may easily tear or be blown away during windy days.
Considering its significance, should you go for a custom cover, a semi-custom cover, or a universal fit cover? Well, it depends on your personal preference and budget. Admittedly, a custom cover provides the best fit for your car, but it can also be the most expensive option. If you’re concerned about the price but are not willing to sacrifice fit and quality, your best bet would be a semi-custom cover. Just make sure it features an elastic hem cord along the bottom perimeter to ensure a better fit. Don’t buy a universal-fit cover, since it provides the worst fit and may either be too small or too big for your car.
Go for lightweight. If you usually park your vehicle outside and use it for your daily commute, you’ll surely appreciate a lightweight car cover, since it is easier to pull on and off. It is also easier to fold and store.
Put a premium on durability. Pay particular attention to the quality of materials used and the workmanship involved in the production, since these can give you an idea of the durability of the product. You may also need to check if the manufacturer used double stitching to hold the fabric together.
Looking for the Best Car Cover for Extreme Sun Protection? Choose Seal Skin Covers!
Hands down, Seal Skin offers some of the best UV protection car covers at an unbeatable price! Here are some of our most exciting features:
- Multiple layers of protection. A good-quality car cover should have at least three layers; Seal Skin car covers have five. All of our car covers have a tough outer layer that provides ample protection against the elements and prevents other harmful environmental pollutants from penetrating to the lower layers; a middle layer that effectively cushions the effect of external pressure and prevents dents, dings, and scratches; and a soft fleece lining that protects your car’s exterior finish.
- Treated with advanced UV inhibitors. This provides extreme protection against harmful UV rays and comes especially useful during the summer season.
- Micro-porous film promotes breathability and prevents mold and mildew growth.
- Provides a great fit. We take into account your vehicle’s size and style, so you can be sure that there will always be one that perfectly fits your car model – whether it may be a sedan, hatchback, truck, or SUV. The elastic hem around the perimeter of the cover ensures a snug fit, while the reinforced grommets on both sides of the cover ensure that the cover stays in place even during windy days.
- Built to last. Our car covers have ultrasonically welded seams, so you can count on them to last for years.
- 10-year warranty. Only a handful of car cover manufacturers offer a 10-year warranty on their products, and Seal Skin is one of them.
All of our car covers are 100% waterproof yet extremely breathable and are guaranteed free of any defects. To demonstrate our full confidence in our products, we are offering a full 30-day return and exchange warranty with every purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Do you want to ask some questions about our products, exchange, and refund policies before making a purchase? We’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to call us at 800-915-0038 during our office hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST). We will help you find the right car cover for sun and heat, so give us a call today!